of the tenth International Maritime Defence Show IMDS-2021
The tenth International Maritime Defence Show, one of the world's leading exhibitions in shipbuilding and naval armament, has successfully completed its work.
The results of the Show demonstrate its high demand among marine industry enterprises. The high status of the event and its place in the world system of defense exhibitions is confirmed once again.
IMDS-2021 exhibitors became 285 enterprises of 13 countries including 13 foreign companies. The exposition occupied 13,000 sq. m. on the territory of EXPOFORUM Exhibition and Convention Centre.
All leading Russian maritime industry enterprises are among the exhibitors. The great part of the exposition was occupied by manufacturers of component equipment, appliances, electronic elements, information technologies and double purpose products.
Ships and boats from the Russian Federation Navy and the Border Guard of the Russian Federal Security Service were displayed in the demonstration part of the exhibition at the berths of the seaport - Passenger Port of St. Petersburg:
• SAINT PETERSBURG diesel-electric submarine project 677;
• PETROPAVLOVSK KAMCHATSKY diesel-electric submarine project 636;
• ADMIRAL KASATONOV frigate project 22350;
• GREMYASCHY corvette project 20380;
• ZELENY DOL small missile ship project 21631;
• ODINTSOVO small missile ship project 22800;
• VLADIMIR YEMELYANOV base area antimine ship project 12700;
• P-461 patrol boat project 03160;
• EVGENIY GNITSEVICH large hydrographic boat project 19920;
• YEVGENY KOCHESHKOV small air-cushion landing craft project 12322;
• MICHMAN LERMONTOV landing ship project 21820;
• ALEXEY BARINOV D-1441 high-speed air cavity landing boat project 11770;
• NAKHIMOVETS special-purpose boat project 21980;
• Tugboat MB-96 project 02790;
• Border patrol boat project 12200 PSKa-309;
• Border patrol boat project 12150 PSKa-625;
• Border patrol air-cushion boat project A25 PSKa VP-605.
IMDS-2021 brought 27 official delegations from 25 countries. Almost all countries dealing with production and exploitation of naval equipment attended the Show.
Over 100 official negotiations were held in the presence of the Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Navy, officials of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation, representatives of Rosoboronexport, United Shipbuilding Corporation and other leading companies.
Rosoboronexport, within the X International Maritime Defence Show, presented to foreign partners the best samples and novelties of the Russian shipbuilding. The company is working on deliveries of Karakurt-E ships to six countries, and eight foreign customers are interested in the Rubezh-MER coastal complex.
The company's current order book is about $5.5 billion, which includes ship and submarine deliveries and their naval armament, as well as infrastructure projects.
United Shipbuilding Corporation will transfer seven new warships to the Russian Navy this year. Three more ships will be transferred to the fleet after repair and modernization.
The business program of IMDS-2021 included 18 congress and business events, including four scientific conferences:
• 11th International Conference on Navy and Shipbuilding Nowadays 2021;
• 21st International Conference MORINTECH-PRACTIC on Information technologies in shipbuilding-2021;
• PLM-FORUM 2021 on Shipbuilding product lifecycle management. Information support;
• 6th International Conference on Simulation and complex modeling in marine engineering and transporting systems.
Interfax international information group provided information support and press center of IMDS-2021. The Show was covered by 548 journalists of 124 mass-media including 14 foreign ones from 7 countries.
IMDS-2021 program of major activities has been implemented, taking into account a number of restrictions to prevent the spread of a new coronavirus infection.
The results of the Show demonstrate that Russian and foreign enterprises pursue an active marketing policy aimed at expanding their participation in international cooperation related to the development and production of such complex technical systems as warships.
The International Maritime Defence Show continues to develop and improve, proving its high efficiency and relevance.
June 27, 2021.